Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sequoia Sunrise

I love my East/West Gold Orchestra! It's great to have a 70 piece ensemble a mouse click away! I composed this one in the Cubase Key Editor with the orchestra first and then added this fantastic "Mini DiZi" (thanks to KVR Audio!) as the melody line. Once I had the drums programmed, I had to play bass on it. Somewhere in the middle of the project, Ping and I spent three days in Sequoia National Park which is only a few hours from where we live. As soon as I came back, I knew exactly what the title of the piece should be. Now it just needs that view I had of the misty light passing between the massive trunks of the Sequoias. If anyone owns a helicopter, I'd love to get a shot flying eastward over the General's Highway at dawn with the snowy crest of the Western Divide back-lit and gilt-edged as the valley drops away into the vast shadows below!

No comments:

Post a Comment